Tuesday, November 9, 2010

How I met my boyfriend.

Ever since 5th grade I was an angry, sad, confused, and fearful child who would cringe at the thought of talking to another human.

From 7th to 9th grade, I hung out with an odd, secluded group of friends who added/lost at least 1-2 new people to the group each year.

These people were the only people I even let near me and talked to willingly. If anyone else were to talk to me or come near me then I would turn into some sort of rabid animal.
Upon starting 9th grade I already (sorta) had a "boyfriend". (I'll explain more about this guy in a separate post 1-2 days from now.) Though I had doubts about this guy because I thought he was cheating on me (it was hard to tell since he lived in another city), so I pretty much rejected the idea that happiness and love exist and just kept him around so that I had an excuse to keep weird guys away from me without hurting their feelings. (Later on in the year I "broke up" with him because I found out he really was cheating on me.)

During this this time of me being my angry little emo self, my friends added Masa to the group. (More like he added himself but whatever.)
I almost immediately developed a crush on him, but since I (sorta) already had a "boyfriend", I pushed the thought to the back of my mind and continued on with my life.

Then one day in Japanese class, we were learning how to say months and days in Japanese.

Everyone had to tell Sensei their birthday in Japanese. I said mine (January 13th: in Japanese it's "ichigatsu juusannichi") right before the end of class.

Once the bell rang and I was about to leave, Masa walked up to me and asked me what time I was born. (I was born about 12:30 AM.)

I was so nervous about him talking to me that I ended up answering in Japanese.
Then he told me that he was born on the same day as me.

After that incident, I began to notice him more and my crush on him resurfaced.

I wanted to tell him that I liked him, but I soon learned that he liked one of my friends (I'll just call her Miz just in case she doesn't want her real name out on the Internet).

After finding that out, I accepted the fact that I probably wasn't anything more than a friend to him and I decided that since he doesn't like me then I shouldn't like him. So, once again, I ignored my feelings for him.

Then around the time that I "broke up" with my sorta "boyfriend", I learned that Miz didn't like Masa back. In fact, she didn't even like him as a friend! She hated him!

Once again, my crush on him resurfaced; but it didn't last very long.

Around the time of the Sadie Hawkins dance, I learned that another friend of mine liked him.

I tried to forget about my crush on him again, but this time it wouldn't go away. It seemed like, even though he was "dating" my friend, he liked me back...but I just dismissed the thought.

Well, soon his and my friend's relationship ended in a fiery battle of wits (A.K.A they had many fights). He drifted further away from my group of friends until he was barely even talking to any of us on Skype.

I soon learned that the reason for him ignoring them was because they developed a strong hate towards him. I figured that he must be a bad person and I even tried to hate him along with the others...
...but I couldn't.
Near the end of the year, we were talking on Skype and he said that he liked me, and I told him that I liked him back. He then ended up asking me out.

Soon my friends heard about this and warned me about him. They said that he was just looking for attention, he wanted other people's pity, and that he wanted to change me.

With me being torn between the only person who ever truly liked me back and my best friends, I became confused about who I should trust.

Finally, I ended up going on my first date with him on June 21, 2010 and we've been together since.

No comments:

Post a Comment