Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Do you know what I'm thankful for? (Well, besides my family, friends, possessions, etc.) I'm thankful for my loving boyfriend, Masa!
A little less than a week ago, I went with him to see the last performance of the school play. He was the understudy for the main character so he wasn't really in it, but that's okay because we got to hang out.

So while we were waiting for the play to start, we ended up looking through my purse because we're weird.

I was looking at all the gift cards I haven't had time to spend, and came across my old Babysitter's Training certification card for a babysitting class I took about 3 years ago.

Masa was all, "Hey, I took one of those classes too!", and he takes out a card from his wallet that's almost identical to mine.

Upon looking at the two cards, we noticed that the cards were both dated, 06/09/2007.

We were surprised that the dates were the same and started quizzing each other on certain events that happened that day.

The only event that had really stuck out in my mind was when we were supposed to watch a funny babysitting scene from "The Incredibles" but the DVD remote wouldn't work.

So one of the teacher ladies was all:
I ended up raising my hand because I was pretty good at figuring out computers at the time so I figured that a remote would be nothing. At the same time Masa raised his hand and we both ended up going up to the front of the room to help.

I mostly just stood there, not really knowing what to do and asking the same question over and over.
So we pretty much had only one conversation:

Me: Maybe it's the batteries. Try checking the batteries.
Masa: The batteries are fine.
Me: Did you try checking the batteries?
Masa: Yes. I checked the batteries.
Me: Are you sure it's not the batteries?
Masa: It's not the batteries!
Me: Are you sure?

In the end we just agreed that the remote was out of batteries and moved on with the class.

Anyways, Masa and I were extremely excited that we had met when we were 12, even though we didn't know it was us at the time.

So happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment